体育赛事投注记录

advertisement

Drone-Based Face Recognition Using Deep Learning

  • Adam DeebEmail author
  • Kaushik Roy
  • Kossi D. Edoh
Conference paper
  • 64 Downloads
Part of the Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing book series (AISC, volume 1141)

Abstract

体育赛事投注记录the next phase of facial recognition research is continuing to finding ways of improving the accuracy rates of models when input images are taken from less than ideal angles and distances, from lower quality images, and from images that do not show much facial information of the person. in this paper, we attempted to use convolutional neural network (cnn) models to accomplish these tasks and attain an improved top accuracy. in this study, we compared three different deep learning models: vgg16, vgg19, and inceptionresnetv2; when testing them in several different facial recognition tasks, using the droneface dataset. we used three of the most accurate cnns, when tested by using the imagenet database, in an attempt to show that they can be used to achieve high drone face recognition accuracy. after applying these three cnns to the image dataset used in the study, we compared the accuracy achieved by using each deep learning model in order to see which model was best able to handle and interpret images presented it, when the images provided are taken from a drone. specifically, we tested how the heights at which the images were taken, by the drone, affected the accuracy of the model at detecting who the photographs were taken of. we attempted to achieve this by training the model at large heights and testing at low heights, by training the model at large heights and testing at low heights, and by training on a random set of 80% of photographs of all subjects and testing on the remaining 20% of photographs of all subjects.

Notes

Acknowledgements

we would like to acknowledge the support from the national security agency (grant #h98230-19-1-0012), the national science foundation (nsf) (grant hrd #1719498), and army research office (contract no. w911nf-15-1-0524).

References

  1. 1.
    Guo, Y., Liu, Y., Oerlemans, A., Lao, S., Wu, S., Lew, M.: Deep learning for visual understanding: a review. Neurocomputing 187, 27–48 (2016)
  2. 2.
    Koustubh: ResNet, AlexNet, VGGNet, inception: understanding various architectures of convolutional networks (2017).
  3. 3.
    Hsu, H., Chen, K.: Face recognition on drones: issues and limitations. In: Proceedings of the first workshop on micro aerial vehicle networks, systems, and applications for civilian use, pp. 39–44 (2017)
  4. 4.
    Bonetto, M., Korshunov, P., Ramponi, G., Ebrahimi, T.: Privacy in mini-drone based video surveillance. In: 2015 IEEE International Conference on Image Processing (ICIP) (2015)
  5. 5.
    Hsu, H., Chen, K.: DroneFace: an open dataset for drone research. In: Proceedings of the 8th ACM on multimedia systems conference, pp. 187–192 (2017)
  6. 6.
    Bindemann, M., et al.: Person identification from aerial footage by a remote-controlled drone. Sci. Rep. 7(1) (2017)
  7. 7.
    Satayanaryana, S., Niharika, D., Sravya, P., BhanuPriya, G.: Advanced face detection to trend analysis in image processing based on drone primitives. Int. J. Pure Appl. Math. 115(6), 31–36 (2017)
  8. 8.
    Tiddeman, B., Burt, M., Perrett, D.: Prototyping and transforming facial textures for perception research. IEEE Comput. Graph. Appl. 21(4), 42–50 (2001)

Copyright information

© Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd. 2021

Authors and Affiliations

  1. 1.Department of Computer ScienceNorth Carolina State UniversityRaleighUSA
  2. 2.Department of Computer ScienceNorth Carolina A&T UniversityGreensboroUSA
  3. 3.Department of MathematicsNorth Carolina A&T State UniversityGreensboroUSA

Personalised recommendations