Detecting Influencers in Social Networks Through Machine Learning Techniques
- 64 Downloads
the online social networks have given access to a new way of communication in society. social networking platforms like facebook, instagram and twitter provide different ways to connect and communicate with people around the world, bringing together the ideas from different parts of the world. in every social network, there would be people who would be influential and can influence other people to their idea. hence, finding an influential person is very important and helps us to spread information more accurately and to more people. in this paper, we worked with machine learning techniques to identify the most influential nodes in the network, studied different methods to determine the best suitable for the network and understood how information cascading techniques can be applied.
KeywordsInfluencers Machine learning Triadic closure
- 1.Deutsch, M., Gerard, H.B.: A study of normative and informational social influences upon individual judgment. J. Abnorm. Soc. Psychol. 51, 629–636 (1955)
- 2.Milo, R., Shen-Orr, S., Itzkovitz, S., Kashtan, N., Chklovskii, D., Alon, U.: Network motifs: simple building blocks of complex networks. Science 824–827 (2002)
- 3.Huang, H., Tang, J., Liu, L., Luo, J., Fu, X.: Triadic closure pattern analysis and prediction in social networks. IEEE TKDE 27, 3374–3389 (2015)
- 4.Easley, D., Kleinberg, J.: Networks, crowds and markets: reasoning about a highly connected world. Cornell, NY, Cambridge Univ Pr. (2010)
- 5.Zhang, C., Gao, S., Tang, J.: Learning triadic influence in large social networks. In: IEEE/ACM International Conference on ASONAM (2016)
- 6.Internet for Logistic Regression.
- 7.Internet for k-NN and Decision tree.
- 8.Cutler, A., Cutler, D.R., Stevens, J.R.: Random forests. In: Zhang, C., Ma, Y. (eds.) Ensemble Machine Learning. Springer, Boston, MA (2012)
- 9.Xu, W., Wu, W., Fan, L., Lu, Z., Du, D.Z.: Influence diffusion in social networks. In: Rassias, T., Floudas, C., Butenko, S. (eds.) Optimization in Science and Engineering. Springer, New York, NY (2014)