Named-Entity Recognition for Legal Documents
- 65 Downloads
the law has language at its core, so it is not surprising that software operating on natural language has played a role in certain areas of the legal industry for a long time. the last few years have seen a significant upsurge of interest in this area, including an increasing number of start-ups applying deep learning techniques in the context of specific legal applications. in this paper, we present a simple yet powerful method that is applied to legal documents from different legal bodies to correctly recognize a numerous entity to find relevant information for some specific matter at hand. to the best of our knowledge, no attempt has been made in this direction so far and as such our work opens a new direction of research, which will be very much useful for the society.
KeywordsNamed-entity recognition Deep learning Natural language processing Legal tech
- 1.Nazarenko, A., Wyner, A.: Legal NLP introduction. In: Association pour le Traitement Automatique des Langues (2017)
- 2.Legal technology.
- 3.Chalkidis, I., Kampas, D.: Deep learning in law: early adaptation and legal word embeddings trained on large Corpora. Artif. Intell. Law 27(2), 1–28 (2018)
- 4.Sulea, O.M., Zampieri, M., Malmasi, S., Vela, M., Dinu, L.P., van Genabith, J.: Exploring the Use of Text Classification in the Legal Domain (2017)
- 5.Li, P., Zhao, F., Li, Y., Zhu, Z.: Law text classification using semi-supervised convolutional neural networks. In: 2018 Chinese Control and Decision Conference, pp. 309–313. IEEE (2018)
- 6.Daojian, Z., Guowei, T., Yuan, D., Feng, L., Bing, H., Songxian, X.: Keyphrase extraction for legal questions based on a sequence to sequence model. J. Tsinghua Univ. (Sci. Techn.) 59(4), 256–261 (2019)
- 7.Chalkidis, I., Fergadiotis, M., Malakasiotis, P., Aletras, N., Androutsopoulos, I.: Extreme Multi-Label Legal Text Classification: A Case Study in EU Legislation (2019)
- 8.Chalkidis, I., Fergadiotis, M., Malakasiotis, P., Androutsopoulos, I.: Large-Scale Multi-Label Text Classification on EU Legislation (2019)
- 9.Kanapala, A., Pal, S., Pamula, R.: Text Summarization from legal documents: a survey. Artif. Intell. Rev. 51(3), 371–402 (2019)