On Multi-class Currency Classification Using Convolutional Neural Networks and Cloud Computing Systems for the Blind
- 20 Downloads
体育赛事投注记录identifying a currency is the easiest of task for a person. but for a blind human, it is not always the same. although the currencies come in all shapes and sizes, it is always possible for a blind person to get confused with the currency value. we analyze the potential usage of cloud computing systems, image processing techniques along with deep learning approaches for identifying the currency based on its denomination which can be accessed by the blind via a mobile app. we examine different approaches including public cloud and private cloud systems for training and deploying the deep learning techniques. we achieve an accuracy of up to 98% in our proposed models. we propose models which can be used under a variety of situations including cost-effective approaches, efficient approaches that suite reduced local storage, etc.
KeywordsCloud computing Deep learning CNN Currency classification
- 1.Zhang E-H, Jiang B, Duan JH, Bian Z-Z (2003) Research on paper currency recognition by neural networks. In: Proceedings of the second international conference on machine learning and cybernetics
- 2.Vora K, Shah A, Mehta J (2015) A review paper on currency recognition system. Int J Comput Appl 115:20
- 3.Mirza R, Nanda V (2012) Paper currency verification system based on characteristic extraction using image processing. Int J Eng Adv Technol (IJEAT) 1(3). ISSN: 2249-8958
- 4.Bosch A, Zisserman A, Munos X (2007 ) Image classification using random forests and ferns. IEEE
- 5.Chan T-H, Jia K, Gao S, Lu J, Zeng Z, Ma Y (2015) PCANet: a simple deep learning baseline for image classification. IEEE Trans Image Process 24:12
- 6.Yousry A et al (2018) Currency recognition system for blind people using ORB algorithm. Int Arab J e-Technol 5:1
- 7.Zhang Q, Yan WQ (2018) Currency detection and recognition based on deep learning. IEEE
- 8.Jaafar RA (2019) Survey on currency classification system. Int J Adv Res Comput Eng Technol (IJARCET) 8(8). ISSN: 2278–1323
- 9.Rajan GV et al (2018) An extensive study on currency recognition system using image processing. In: Proc. IEEE conference on emerging devices and smart systems, ICEDSS 2018
- 10.Bhavanam LT, Neelakanta Iyer G (2020) On the classification of Kathakali Hand Gestures using support vector machines and convolutional neural networks. In: International conference on artificial intelligence and signal processing (AISP) 2020, VIT, Amaravathi, India
- 11.Neelakanta Iyer G, Sanjay Kumar KKR, Goutham S, Rishinathh KS (2019) Indian currency dataset, mendeley data.