Early Detection of Grape Stem Borer Using IoT
- 35 Downloads
grape stem borer is a serious threat to grapes due to its severe symptoms and loss of production. traditional diagnosis of grape stem borer depends upon symptom identification, due to sensitivity limits of identification tools in vineyards. grape stem borer prime indications are parching and sneering of affected branches. recognition of the borer in early stages is a most challenging chore. this paper presents a novel system, utilizing sound sensor for detection of stem borer in grape vineyard using internet of things. foremost contribution of this work is a technique for early detection of stem borer pest based on iot through an handheld device. the analytic solution detailed in this paper does not necessitate the farmer or any user to be an iot expert in order to use it. the accuracy achieved for the identification of grape stem borer is higher than 90%. the system is envisioned to incorporate the significant advancements in communication technologies and wireless sensor networks.
KeywordsGrape stem borer Grape vineyard Internet of things (IoT) Early detection Grape diseases
i extend my sincere thanks and contribution to mr. prashant pawar and mr. boraste who helped us in this effort. it was possible due to their diligent guidance and motivation to carry out this research.
- 1.%20in %20Nasik%20district%20of%20Maharashtra.pdf(2017)
- 2.Iyer, B., Pathak, N.P., Ghosh, D.: RF sensor for smart home application. Int. J. Syst. Assur. Eng. Manag. 9, 52–57 (2018).
- 3.Van Den Driessche, R.N.: Prediction of mineral nutrient status of trees by foliar analysis. Botan. Rev. 40, 347–394 (1974)
- 4.Garcia, M., Bri, D., Sendra, S., Lloret, J.: Practical deployments of wireless sensor networks: a survey. Int. J. Adv. Netw. Serv. 3, 136–178 (2010)
- 5.Lloret, J., Garcia, M., Bri, D., Sendra, S.: A wireless sensor network deployment for rural and forest fire detection and verification. Sensors 9, 8722–8747 (2009)
- 6.Anand, C., Sadistap, S., Bindal, S., Botre, B.A., Rao, K.S.N.: Wireless multi-sensor embedded system for Agro-industrial monitoring and control. Int. J. Adv. Netw. Serv. 3, 1–10 (2010)
- 7.Di Palma, D., Bencini, L., Collodi, G., Manes, G., Chiti, F., Fantacci, R., Manes, A.: Distributed monitoring systems for agriculture based on wireless sensor network technology. Int. J. Adv. Netw. Serv. 3, 11–21 (2010)
- 8.Raypuriya, N.: Insect Pest Management of Grape Vine Stem Borer and Stem Girdler, BioTech Articles (2016)
- 9.Lakshmi, K., Gayathri, S.: Implementation of IoT with image processing in plant growth monitoring system. J. Sci. Innov. Res. 6(2), 80–83 (2017)
- 10.Deshpande, P.: Cloud of everything (CLeT): the next-generation computing paradigm. In: Iyer, B., Deshpande, P., Sharma, S., Shiurkar, U. (eds.) Computing in Engineering and Technology. Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, vol. 1025. Springer, Singapore (2020)
- 11.Biz4Intellia homepage.: A complete guide for IoT based pest detection with its benefits. All Rights Reserved Biz4intellia Inc (2019). Last seen on 13/11/2019
- 12.Salini, S., Yadav, D.S.: Occurrence of stromatium barbatum (Fabr.) (Coleoptera: Cerambycidae) on grapevine in Maharashtra, India. Pest Manag. Hortic. Ecosyst. 17(1), 48–50 (2011)