Prevention of Replay Attack for Isolated Smart Grid
- 33 Downloads
an isolated smart grid with energy flow optimization and high energy quality has developed as the next-generation electricity grid. an isolated smart grid has more number of regular power frameworks and will become a new foundation for power systems and executives. protecting the isolated smart grids from security threats is an important issue. replay attack is one of the security threats for isolated smart grids, in which the data transmission is fraudulently delayed. this paper proposes using hmac-md5 algorithm a solution to detect replay attack. further, hmac-md5 algorithm is compared to other existing algorithms, and the proposed algorithm is proved better with respect to key generation time and running time.
KeywordsIsolated smart grid Internet of things (IoT) Replay attack
- 1.Wang, W., Lu, Z.: Survey cyber security in the smart grid: Survey and challenges. Comput. Netw. 57(5), 1344–1371 (2013)
- 2.Whitmore, A., Agarwal, A., Da Xu, L.: The internet of things—a survey of topics and trends. Inf. Syst. Front. 1–14 (2015)
- 3.Fang, X., Misra, S., Xue, G., Yang, D.: Smart grid—the new and improved power grid: a survey. IEEE Commun. Surv. Tutor. 14(4), 944–980 (2012)
- 4.Quilumba, F.L., Lee, W., Huang, H., Wang, D.Y., Szabados, R.: Using smart meter data to improve the accuracy of intraday load forecasting considering customer behavior similarities. IEEE Trans. Smart Grid 6(2), 911–918 (2015)
- 5.Rouf, I., Mustafa, H., Xu, M., Xu, W., Miller, R.: Neighborhood watch: security and privacy analysis of automatic meter reading systems. In: Proceedings of the 2012 ACM Conference on Computer and Communications Security, Raleigh, NC, USA, pp. 462–473 (2012)
- 6.Taysi, Z.C., Guvensan, M.A., Melodia, T.: Using circuit-level power measurements in household energy management systems. In: Proceedings of the First ACM Workshop on Embedded Sensing Systems for Energy-Efficiency in Buildings, pp. 7–12 (2010)
- 7.Sha, K., Alatrash, N., Wang, Z.: A secure and efficient framework to read isolated smart grid devices. IEEE Trans. Smart Grid 8(6), 2519–2531 (2017)
- 8.Tran, T.T. Shin, O.S., Lee, J.H.: Detection of replay attacks in smart grid systems. In: Proceedings of the International Conference on Computing Management and Telecommunications, pp. 298–302 (2013)
- 9.Sechilariu, M., Wang, B., Locment, F.: Building-integrated microgrid: advanced local energy management for forthcoming smart power grid communication. Energy Build. 59, 236–243 (2013)
- 10.Cokic, M., Seskar, I.: Analysis of TCP traffic in smart grid using SDN based QoS. In: IEEE 26th Telecommunications Forum (2018).
- 11.Ma, M., He, D., Kumar, N., Choo, K.-K.R., Chen, J.: Certificate less searchable public key encryption scheme for industrial internet of things. IEEE Trans. Ind. Inf. (2017).
- 12.Fan, C.I., Huang, S.Y., Lai, Y.L.: Privacy-enhanced data aggregation scheme against internal attackers in smart grid. IEEE Trans. Ind. Inf. 10(1), 666–675 (2014)
- 13.Li, H., Lu, R., Zhou, L., Yang, B., Shen, X.: An efficient merkle tree based authentication scheme for smart grid. IEEE Syst. J. (2013)
- 14.Joseph, D.P., Krishna, M., Arun, K.: Cognitive analytics and comparison of symmetric and asymmetric cryptography algorithms. Int. J. Res. Stud. Comput. Sci. Eng. 2(3), 63–68 (2015)