IoT Capable Mechanism for Crowd Analysis
- 33 Downloads
this paper describes a crowd analysis of different activities using surveillance videos is an important topic for communal security. this paper also describes the detection of dangerous crowds if the weapon is present in the crowd. in our study, we are using raspberry pi 3 board for the development of a system that consists of armv8 cpu that detects the human heads and provides a count of humans in the region using open cv-python. the direction of the movement of the person can be achieved by human tracking. generally, there are three different stages algorithm for computer-based crowd analysis, (1) people counting, (2) people tracking, and (3) crowd behavior analysis. this project is made for security purposes where there is a possibility of a dangerous crowd, for example, mall, railway station, shopping center. in our method, we are used cnn to trained dangerous weapons and dnn used for human detection. this method not only detects the direction of the crowd but also detects if the crowd is dangerous or not. in this method, also count the total number of human and it also gives confidence score that means, in how many percents it is related to original people. in this way, we could have prevented many deaths and injuries.
KeywordsVideo surveillance Crowd density Dangerous weapon detection Crowd tracking
- 1.Syed Ameer Abbas, S., Oliver Jayaprakash P., Anitha, M., Vinitha Jaini, C.X.: Crowd detection and management using cascade classifier on ARMv8 and OpenCV-Python. In: International Conference on Innovations in Information, Embedded and Communication Systems (ICIIECS) (2017)
- 2.Güler, P.: Automated Crowd Behavior Analysis for Video Surveillance Applications. The Graduate School of Informatics of the Middle East Technical University, September (2012)
- 3.Chen, D.-Y., Huang, P.-C.: Motion based unusual event detection in human crowd. J. Viss. Common. Image (2011). Journal Homepage:
- 4.Santhiya, G., Sankaragomathi, K., Selvarani, S., Niranjil Kumar, A.: Abnormal crowd tracking and motion analysis. In: IEEE International Conference on Advanced Communication Control and Computing Technologies (ICACCCT) (2014)
- 5.Zhang, X., Zhang, Q., Hu, S., Guo, C., Yu, H.: Energy level-based abnormal crowd behavior detection. MDPI. Published: 1 February (2018)
- 6.Mahadevan, V. Li Viral, W., Nuno Vasconcelos, B.: Anomaly detection in crowded scenes. In: IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, San Francisco (2010)
- 7.Solmaz, B., Moore, B.E., Shah, M.: Identifying behaviors in crowd scenes using stability analysis for dynamical systems. IEEE Trans. Pattern Anal. Mach. Intell. 34(10), 2064–2070 (2012)
- 8.Rohit, K., Mistree, K., Lavji, J.: A review on abnormal crowd behavior detection. In: International Conference on Innovations in Information, Embedded and Communication Systems (ICIIECS) (2017)
- 9.Vajhala, R., Maddineni, R., Yeruva, P.R.: Weapon detection in sureveillance camera images (2016)
- 10.Deshpande, P., Iyer, B.: Research directions in the internet of every things (IoET). In: International Conference on Computing, Communication and Automation (ICCCA), pp. 1353–1357 (2017)
- 11.Patil, N., Iyer, B.: Health monitoring and tracking system for soldiers using internet of things (IoT). In: 2017 International Conference on Computing, Communication and Automation, pp. 1347–1352 (2017)
- 12.Iyer, B., Patil, N.: IoT enabled tracking and monitoring sensor for military applications. Int. J. Syst. Assur. Eng. Manag. 9, 1294–1301 (2018).